Reporting to the Head of Accounts and forming part of the Accounts Team, the ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who will be able to assist in various accounting assignments. The chosen candidate will be assigned a portfolio of clients and will be entrusted to proper keeping of accounting records, preparation of VAT returns and other VAT declarations, preparation of management accounts and financial statements in accordance with the requirements of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accounting Principles for Small and Medium Sized Entities (GAPSME), preparation of files for the auditors, and liasing with clients/auditors in a timely manner.
The successful candidate should:
- be able to demonstrate adequate communication skills and be a team player;
- be capable of working in a computerised environment and have sound knowledge of Microsoft office tools and ideally be experienced in the use of an accounting package (preferably Sage Line 50 Accounts);
- be an organised and methodical individual;
- have an aptitude for figures and possess sound analytical skills, together with an eye for detail;
- be able to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision;
- have a minimum of two years’ experience.
- be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Have a good knowledge of IFRS and GAPSME standards, as well as VAT legislation
Preference will be given to candidates with an ACCA or university degree or who are in the final stages of attaining such qualification.
This position is available on a full-time basis.
Working at 3a Malta
At 3a, we are able to offer an excellent remuneration package, a premium office ambience, state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and knowledge repositories, the opportunity to work with various high level clients, both local and international, a people oriented approach, extensive opportunities for training and professional development, and the opportunity to have a sustainable work-life balance.
To Apply: Kindly submit your application via email to email@example.com quoting the position title in the e-mail subject field.